Pages

23.1.09

I Saw the Trees

by Alex Limage and Josh Seligman

I saw the trees and thought of you
I watched the sunlight stumble through
Casting light upon the ground
I saw the footprints of this town
Reminding me I'm not alone,
the imprints of another soul I've never known,
I've never known.

A dream is hard to leave behind
But I cannot make up my mind
'Cause hope is always holding on
I never thought I'd sing these songs
But now I sing them all the time,
the harmonies of a song I've always known,
I've always known

Reminding me I'm not alone
The imprints of another soul I've never known,
I've never known.
And now I sing them all the time
The harmony of a song I've always known,
I've always known.

Our time is coming to an end
And my regrets I will suspend
Behind the trees the sun will bend
I watch my shadows reach behind
to hold the hands I never thought I'd ever hold,
I'd ever hold.

I saw the trees and thought of you.

No comments: