Pages

19.12.14

Why I haven't been blogging lately

Yesterday my friend Alec told me he noticed I haven't been blogging lately. I told him that in large part it's because I do not know who reads my blog, and who I am writing to.

I started this blog when many of my friends were blogging. I read their interesting thoughts and wanted to share my own thoughts with them. Some thoughts, maybe, have been interesting, and some not so much. However, most of those friends no longer blog, or at least not regularly. Still, I have often shared my thoughts on this blog when I felt inspired to do so. I haven't felt that way lately (except, apparently, for this blog post, but this is a little different).

It's been six years since I first wrote in this blog. During that time I've grown and changed, and the way I express my thoughts and experiences has also changed. On one hand it's nice to keep up a blog for such a long time, but on the other hand I feel more embarrassed with each new post about what I once wrote. If I am to write as a form of ministry, I believe my writing must ultimately love, serve, and bless God and the readers. But not all of my posts have been intended to be for ministry. Many of them have been simply for fun or personal expression, and sometimes they have been sloppy.

So these are things I'll be thinking about. Maybe I'll start a new blog and focus on writing as ministry, a blog intended for a wider audience than my friends (but including my friends too of course). Maybe I'll continue writing in this blog but change my approach. In the meantime, however, I am posting this entry to offer some of my thoughts about blogging, and to express gratitude to my friend, perhaps among the very few who will read this, for encouraging me to write.

A Hopeful Advent and a Merry Christmas to all of you.

;,

No comments: